Employer must apply workplace rules and standards consistently this is not only a cornerstone of workplace justice, but also a consideration listed in the Code of Good Practice: Dismissal. In a recent arbitration, the arbitrator made the point that if the employee’s misconduct is serious enough to justify a dismissal, he or she cannot rely on the fact that another employee received a lesser sanction for a previous incident.
- Latest Covid-19 regulations as from 01 October 2020
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Amendment Bill and it’s inclusion of Domestic Workers.
- Labour Department Unemployment Insurance Fund Relief (UIF) For South African Companies Affected By Covid-19
- COMMISSION FOR CONCILIATION, MEDIATION & ARBITRATION
- Injured, disabled employees angered by collapse of R60 billion Compensation Fund