Employer must apply workplace rules and standards consistently this is not only a cornerstone of workplace justice, but also a consideration listed in the Code of Good Practice: Dismissal. In a recent arbitration, the arbitrator made the point that if the employee’s misconduct is serious enough to justify a dismissal, he or she cannot rely on the fact that another employee received a lesser sanction for a previous incident.
- Latest law pertaining to precautionary suspension
- All systems go for UIF parental leave claims with effect from 01 November 2019, in terms of Government Gazette No 42678, dated 02 September 2019.
- Entitlement to representation at the CCMA or Bargaining Council
- Both employer and employee are lawfully entitled to record conversations between themselves in the workplace.
- When can an employer dismiss an employee for incompatibility?