Employer must apply workplace rules and standards consistently this is not only a cornerstone of workplace justice, but also a consideration listed in the Code of Good Practice: Dismissal. In a recent arbitration, the arbitrator made the point that if the employee’s misconduct is serious enough to justify a dismissal, he or she cannot rely on the fact that another employee received a lesser sanction for a previous incident.
- Work related injuries due to alcohol or drug abuse
- Earning Threshold with effect from 01 March 2021
- The effects of COVID-19 pandemic on the employees’ mental well-being
- Domestic Worker’s employees are now included under Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (COIDA)
- COVID-19 USED AS EXCUSE TO AXE DOMESTIC WORKERS