Employer must apply workplace rules and standards consistently this is not only a cornerstone of workplace justice, but also a consideration listed in the Code of Good Practice: Dismissal. In a recent arbitration, the arbitrator made the point that if the employee’s misconduct is serious enough to justify a dismissal, he or she cannot rely on the fact that another employee received a lesser sanction for a previous incident.
- Employers are independent from a retirement fund
- Latest law pertaining to precautionary suspension
- All systems go for UIF parental leave claims.
- Entitlement to representation at the CCMA or Bargaining Council
- Both employer and employee are lawfully entitled to record conversations between themselves in the workplace.