What exactly are Bargaining Councils?
Trade unions and employers’ organisations may form bargaining councils. Bargaining councils deal with collective agreements, solve labour disputes, establish various schemes and make proposals on labour policies and laws.
Powers and Functions:
• make and enforce collective agreements;
• prevent and resolve labour disputes;
• establish and manage a dispute resolution fund;
• promote and establish training and education schemes;
• establish and manage schemes or funds to benefit its parties or members; and
• make and submit proposals on policies and laws that affect a sector or area.