RESIGNATION LETTER DEFINITION
A resignation letter signals an employee’s intent to pass on his or her current position currently held. It is a document which is formally advising your employer that you are leaving your job. When writing your resignation letter it is important to keep it brief and simple. This process helps maintain a positive relationship between you and your employer.
These following tips will help you draft the resignation letter properly:
- You need to make sure that the style of writing is formal throughout the resignation letter. In case you are going to hand over the resignation letter personally to the department, do mention the complete address of your company.
- If you are hesitant to give the true reason of your resignation, you can cite personal reasons to support your decision.
- Always use polite and humble words as you may want to sustain long-term relationship with your company.
- Always be prompt in making your decision public so that you can give enough time to others to find a suitable replacement.
- Your resignation letter should be short and simple.
- Never resort to flattery while praising the organization as it looks artificial and unprofessional.
Proof read your resignation letter to identify language errors such as wrongly spelt words, grammatically incorrect sentences, and many more.
Let us help you with this process:
Resignation Letter Template:
(Mr. /Ms. followed by the name of the HR person)
(Designation of the person)
(Name of the Company)
(SUBJECT) RESIGNATION LETTER
Salutation (Dear Sir/Madam),
This is to bring to your notice that I would like to resign from the company with effect from (mention the date of your last working day). I will serve my notice period of 30 days before leaving the company and provide all the necessary support to transfer my duties to my replacement.
Though working at (company name) was a great learning experience for me, yet I have decided to leave in order to move further in my career. I enjoyed working here and feel grateful for providing me with challenging opportunities in such a friendly work environment.
Please accept my resignation and inform me about all relieving formalities that need to be fulfilled.
(Name of the Candidate)
Please Note: This resignation letter sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality and should be edited to fit your personal situation.